Entries are now open for The 2017 Scribe Nonfiction Prize for Young Writers!
Now in its fifth year, The 2017 Scribe Nonfiction Prize is a unique development award to foster talented writers aged 30 and under writing longform work. Entries between 5,000 and 10,000 words are welcome across all nonfiction genres, including memoir, journalism, essay, and creative nonfiction.
Shortlisted writers will receive:
- an invitation to an exclusive craft development masterclass with some of Australia’s best non-fiction writers at Scribe Publications on November 23;
- personalised feedback on their entry from the judges and;
- a generous selection of new-release Scribe books tailored to their reading interests
The winner receives:
- a cash prize of $3000
- an editorial mentorship to develop their work
- a generous selection of new-release Scribe books tailored to their reading interests.
Entries close 11.59pm on Sunday 10 September.
Read the full submission guidelines and terms and conditions on their website here.