Do you write non-fiction? Would you like to be published in the 35th issue of quarterly journal, The Lifted Brow?
The 35th issue of The Lifted Brow is unthemed, but the journal is always and forever most interested in writing that focuses on the arts, culture, gender/race/sexuality, ecology, economics, politics, work, and the like. They are now calling for completed non-fiction submissions.
The Lifted Brow encourages writers from all backgrounds to approach their non-fiction submissions boldly, deeply, and/or experimentally. Think big or small, but whatever you think, make sure it’s in keeping with what they tend to publish.
The editorial team will look fondly upon:
- lyric and personal essays;
- narrative nonfiction and highly researched, investigative stories;
- comment pieces that blend the personal with the universal;
- long essays;
- playful theory;
- environmental, science and technology writing with a human and/or political element;
- memoir and other life writing;
- collected vignettes;
- and pieces that are perhaps uncategorisable, and that make imaginative use of the printed page.
Complete drafts of all submissions must be sent through by midnight Sunday 28 May 2017. At this stage they are not looking for pitches for non-fiction work, but complete pieces.
Please submit all work via TLB's Submittable. Submissions via email will not be accepted. View TLB's Submittable here.
Any questions or queries can be emailed.
TLB35 will be launched 1 September 2017.