The Fair Australia Prize is five $4000 prizes:
- one for fiction (up to 3000 words)
- one for essay (up to 3000 words)
- one for poetry (up to 88 lines)
- one for graphic or cartoon (180 mm wide by 255 mm high), and
- one for the best entry by a NUW, NTEU or MEAA member* (in any category)
The prize encourages artists and writers of fiction, poetry and essays to be part of setting a new agenda for our future, questioning our collective common future and how we might get there, together. Winning entries will be published in a special Fair Australia supplement in Overland 229, to be launched in Melbourne in early December.
Entry to the Fair Australia Prize is free.
Deadline is 31 August 2017 at 11.59pm.
*Members of the NUW, NTEU or MEAA kindly note: there is no separate category for union member entries. Instead, simply tick the box that asks if you are a member on the entry form for your category (whether that cartoon, fiction, poetry or essay).
For full details, please visit their website here.