The Margaret River Writers’ Retreat is a standalone property in the heart of the South West, idyllically located away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but within ten minutes drive from the majority of the region’s key attractions.
Any and all creative writers are invited to take up residence for serenity, productivity, and uninterrupted writing time. Partners are welcome, and the property also has the capacity to house established writing groups who might be interested in getting away for a few days.
The retreat takes place Friday 23 - Sunday 25 June 2017.
Successful applicants receive:
- Two nights’ stay at Redgate Forrest Retreat
- Welcome bottle of wine
- Continental breakfast. lunch and dinner both days
- One 60 minute story intensive session with Dr Laurie Steed to provide one-on-one feedback on the submitted story and to discuss the larger project, if applicable
- One guided group session for each writer to provide feedback
- Three group workshops on specific aspects of writing, such as narrative tension, character development and editing and revision
- Advice on where to send the story for publication including appropriate competitions and journals.
Limit of four places only.
Deadline to apply: 5.00pm AWST, Friday 12 May 2017.
For more information and to download an application form, visit the MRP website here.