Central Coast Poets Incorporated (NSW) is delighted to announced details for the 2017 Henry Kendall Poetry Award (HKPA).
The HKPA is ‘judged blind’ by critically acclaimed poetry judges; the 2017 HKPA judge is Jean Kent.
The prizes are as follows:
First prize $1000, Second prize $500, Third prize $250
All shortlisted authors will receive a hard copy of CCPI’s 2017 anthology including their shortlisted poem. All entrants will have access to the e-anthology. The competition attracts entries from both established writers and emerging poets alike, Australia-wide.
Some of the entry requirements are as follows:
- All poems entered for the HKPA must be single poems with a maximum length of 30 lines (not including the poem’s title or blank lines) and be no more than 500 words.
- Entries must be written predominantly in English. Some non-English words/phrases are acceptable in the context of the poem.
- Entries must be the original work/s of the individual author.
- Entries must be unpublished works that have not been previously broadcast publicly, in whole or part (either in print, online or in any other format, including radio broadcast, personal blogs, you-tube or social media).
- Entries must not be created (i.e. authored) by a computer program.
Entries may be submitted online from 20 January. Submission deadline is 28 February 2017.
Complete Terms and Conditions of entry as well as FAQ’s can be found at the link here.
General enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org