Now in its 22nd year, the Gwen Harwood Poetry Prize remembers Tasmania's most acclaimed poet.
- First Prize: $2000 + publication in Island + annuel domestic subscriptions* to Island, Grifith Review, Meanjin, Overland, Review of Australian Fiction, Southerly, Westerly and The Lifted Brow.
- Second Prize: Publication in Island + annual domestic subscriptions* to Island, Grifith Review, Meanjin, Overland, Review of Australian Fiction, Southerly, Westerly and The Lifted Brow.
* If you already have a subscription to any of these publications, you will receive a free renewal.
- Single poem or linked suite no longer than 80 lines.
- Poems previously published, or currently entered in any other competition, are not eligible.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form (downloadable in PDF form and in Word form on the website.)
- The judging is anonymous so please ensure the author's name is not on the same page as the poem, only on the entry form.
- Entries can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Island Magazine, PO Box 4703, Hobart TAS 7000.
- If posting, please send 3 copies of your poem with your entry form and fee enclosed.
- $20 per entry for non-Island subscribers.
- $10 per entry for Island subscribers.
Entries close midnight 15 August 2017.
For further details, please visit the website here.