FRESH INK is Australian Theatre For Young People’s (ATYP) national mentoring program that has supported more than 50 playwrights over the last four years. FRESH INK is the only program of its kind in Australia. Barking Gecko Theatre Company are proud to partner with ATYP to bring FRESH INK to WA.
The program is designed to create opportunities for committed and talented playwrights to help bridge the gap into professional practice.
The program pairs emerging playwrights with a mentor for a series of workshops that will result in a 15 minute three person script delivered for rehearsal with professional actors and a 30 minute script that will be rehearsed with a professional cast.
- Mentoring across the year by an industry professional – Will O’Mahony in WA
- A complimentary subscription provided by australianplays.org/ for the period of the mentorship
- The opportunity to work with professional actors and directors
- Several opportunities to showcase their work to invited audiences
To be eligible participants will need to:
- Be aged 18-26
- Have some experience in the past with playwriting
- Be available to meet the time commitments (briefly outlined above) between April and November 2017.
Applications are available online and are due on the 27th of March at 9am.
For more information, visit the website here.