Created in 1990 in partnership with the Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW), the Disney | ABC Writing Program is based in Los Angeles and is widely recognised as one of the entertainment industry's most coveted writing programs.
About the writing program
Writers become employees of Disney│ABC Television Group (DATG) and will be paid a weekly salary of $961.54 ($50,000 annualized) plus any applicable benefits for which they are eligible in accordance with the then-current Company benefits. The one-year program begins in February and ends in February of the following year. Please note that time frames are subject to change.
The primary goal for Program Writers is to staff on a DATG series as a staff writer during the one-year program; however, staffing is not guaranteed. The program also provides access to executives, producers and literary representatives through various meetings and events designed to facilitate relationships that can prove invaluable in developing a television writing career.
Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States and be at least 21 years of age. Television production experience is not required, but strongly recommended. Those applying must submit a completed application and the following:
1) An original pilot script that captures the writer’s unique tone, style and point of view.
2) A spec script for a live-action cable, broadcast or streaming-service (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) series airing during the current television season.
3) Completed application and signed release forms for each script.
4) Résumé outlining chronological salaried employment (may include entertainment and
5) Essay reflecting the applicant’s unique life experiences and personal stories which will demonstrate the writer’s ability to make distinct contributions to a writers’ room.
6) Letters of recommendation (optional) A maximum of two (2) recommendation letter(s) are strongly encouraged, but are not mandatory.
Submissions are currently. Keep up with their Facebook for the latest notifications here.
Be sure to go onto the website to read the FULL details here.