Proximity

Select your closest location:

I'm closest to Mandurah Show me all regions

Or select a region:

DCA's Young People and the Arts Fellowship

Found in: News

The Department of Culture and the Arts' Young People and the Arts Fellowship provides emerging artists and arts workers who display significant potential with the opportunity to advance their creative and/or professional development goals through an intensive period of development in their chosen field or art form area.

Fellowships are open to individuals only, subject to meeting DCA Grants General Eligibility criteria. Applicants must be:

  • aged 26 years or under at the time of the closing date
  • cannot have previously been a recipient of a Young People and the Arts Fellowship, and
  • have been active in their chosen field for at least three years (inclusive of professional practice, work, study and training).
Two Fellowship grants of $20,000 each are offered annually. DCA will only fund up to a maximum 80% of the activity cost. The other 20% must be funded by the applicant from other sources.

Applications open 20 June and close 28 July 2016 for projects commencing after 1 January 2017.

There is one round per calendar year for each Scholarships and Fellowships program category.

For details, please visit the DCA website.

Latest news/events

08
Dec
Geraldton - EOIs: Lead Script Writer/Director

Expressions of interest sought for Lead Script...

08
Dec
Kimberley Writer's Retreat & Workshop with Dr. Nandi Chinna

Acclaimed WA writer, Dr Nandi Chinna, will take...

13
Dec
Cover to Cover encore season

Catch up on all the 2017 episodes of Cover to...

08
Jan
Albany - Writing from life course

Learn about life writing with Dr Alan Hancock