The Copyright Agency will award $80,000 to a mid to late career author to cover a 12 month period and to be used for the development and creation of work.
To be eligible, the applicant must be a mid to late career author with at least five substantial published works. Of these five published works, two can be self-published.
- The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Open to novelists, playwrights, poets, scriptwriters, non-fiction writers, children’s book writers and journalists.
- Authors must submit their own applications. Publishers are not able to apply on behalf of authors.
- The applicant must have a publishing contract in place with a publisher. This prize/fellowship is not to supplant any advance offered under their publishing contract.
- The successful applicant will agree to acknowledge the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund support in any publication arising from the fellowship.
Submissions are now open.
To find out more information about this opportunity, please click here.