Westerly is currently seeking contributions for their July 2017 and November 2017 editions.
Westerly publishes short stories, poetry, memoir and creative nonfiction, essays and literary criticism.
All academic work submitted is subject to a double-blind refereeing process, and all creative work is selected through a single-blind reading by the independent poetry and prose editors.They expect our contributors to be subscribers of the Magazine. While thwy will accept submissions from non-subscribers, should your work be accepted for publication in this instance, you will be asked to accept a subscription to the Magazine as part payment for your work.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Poetry: maximum of five poems, with maximum 50 lines each
- Fiction and creative nonfiction: maximum 3500 words
- Essays: maximum 5000 words
- Reviews: between 500-700 words, to be published online or in print
Westerly will endeavour to give brief feedback on submissions on request.
Deadlines are as follows:
- July edition deadline: 31 March
- November edition deadline: 31 August
A specific Call for Submissions will be disseminated for all Special Issues (both online and in print). Submission to these issues will be according to the specific criteria set.
For further details on the submission guidelines and payment, please visit the website here.