Shore Lines is an annual competition and festival providing a unique opportunity for writers to present their work to a live audience.
The competition calls for written entries that will be judged on the quality of the writing and its suitability for performance. We encourage a wide range of genres including monologues, poems, plays, songs, stories, comedy, hip hop or rap.
Prizes are on offer for Primary and Secondary winners and runners up, and a selection of shortlisted entries will be performed at the Shore Lines Writing for Performance event on Sunday 30 October, 2016. A program of free writing for performance workshops will help to develop skills and confidence.
These will be held during the July School holiday period at the ECU South West campus and the details can be found at Shore Lines Competition details on the ECU website.
- 1 July 2016 Competition Entries open
- 5 July 2016 Workshop 1 for Secondary School students
- 6 July 2016 Workshop 2 for Primary School students
- 20 July 2016 Workshop 3 Open Category
- 31 August 2016 Competition Entries close
- 30 October 2016 Shore Lines Writing for Performance event