Prime Time is a new competition for writers who have an original script or idea for a commercially viable television series or miniseries suitable for prime time viewing.
Prime Time offers a cash prize, as well as the chance to be considered for AWG’s acclaimed Pathways Program and be in the running to have the development of your work funded by Scripted Ink.
The Prize Pool
For the winner:
- $10,000 cash donated by Scripted Ink.
- Four hours with AWG’s Deal Runners – a service that provides members with individual contract negotiation
- A free Script Assessment by an AWG expert assessor
- Entry into AWG’s Pathways Program – an initiative that provides networking opportunities for writers and gives them the chance to showcase their ideas to industry professionals
All writers in the Pathways Program are eligible to have their work considered for development funding by Scripted Ink.
For the shortlisted entrants:
- Entry into AWG’s Pathways Program and the chance to have your work considered for development by Scripted Ink.
Only open to current financial Australian Writers Guild Full or Associate Members. There is a $40 entry fee.
You will be required to submit:
- a logline and synopsis: no longer than one page
- a story outline (for whole series): two to three pages long
- character notes: two to three pages long, and
- the first 15 pages of the script you’re pitching.*
For competition guidelines, visit the website here.