Established in 2013, this fund continues to support talented writers and illustrators in the development of their skills, to meet professional goals and to increase creative career opportunities. The scholarships are for professional development relating to writing, illustration and storytelling collaborations, which may result in potential publication. Scholarships are customised to meet the development needs of the individual creator.
The financial assistance that may be applied for may include, but is not limited to:
- Editing support;
- Development of skills in book illustration;
- Securing a manuscript assessment and initial edit of a manuscript;
- Payment of course fees or training expenses;
- Purchasing illustration materials for a specific project;
- Travel assistance to enable a remote writer or artist/illustrator to attend a professional development workshop.
The 2016 scholarship round is now open for applications. For details about the program and application process, please visit the website
Scholarships are entirely funded by donations and 100% of all donations go directly to the Scholarships. If you would like to donate, please visit the website.
Applications close 5pm WST Friday 15th July 2016. Successful applicants will be announced on Friday 5th August 2016.