Mandurah Readers and Writers Festival 2017
This year's festival will be held on Wed 27th September – Fri 29th September.
Find out more about the featured writers here.
Wednesday 27th September
- 10.00am: My Reading Journey - Fishtrap Theatre, Mandurah Performing Arts Centre (MPAC) Panel discussion.
- 1.00pm: Sasha Wasley, author of Dear Banjo (Penguin) - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
- 3.00pm: Nicole Sinclair, author of Bloodlines (Margaret River Press) - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
- 5.00pm: Pyjama Party - Boardwalk Theatre, MPAC An evening of stories and fun with featured authors, Chris Owen and Sean Avery, plus special guest storytellers from the Mandurah community. More information here.
Thursday 28th September
- 10.00am: Jim Richards, author of Gold Rush (Fremantle Press) - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
- 1.00pm: Sarah Drummond, author of The Sound (Fremantle Press) - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
- 3.00pm: Young Adult Panel with Meg McKinlay, Meg Caddy and Deb Fitzpatrick - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
- 6.00pm (for 6.30pm): Landscape in Writing with Thomas M. Wilson, Annamaria Weldon and Tony Hughes-d'Aeth - Fishtrap Theatre, MPAC
Friday 29th September (Pirates Ahoy!) at 10am at Mandurah Library
It'll be Pirate Day at Mandurah Library so dress up in your best pirate outfit and come along for swashbuckling fun! The featuring authors are:
- Tamara Moss - author of Lintang and the Pirate Queen (Penguin)
- Gabriel Evans - illustrator of Captain Sneer the Buccaneer (Walker Books)
Download the full program here.
All events are free to attend but bookings are required.
To register, contact Mandurah Library by:
phone: 9550 3650, or
Contact information for Mandurah Libraries:
Festival co-ordinator: Cathy Puzey
Phone: (08) 9550 3650