Kimberley Writers Festival
September 8-10, 2017
Love an Australian story? Come to this year’s Kimberley Writers Festival and be inspired, entertained and moved by a great depth of storytelling talent.
Now in its 12th year, the 2017 program will include workshops, readings, lunches, music and iconic Kimberley experiences.
This year’s visiting talent includes:
- Australian bestselling author and voice of the outback Fleur McDonald. Fleur’s debut novel Red Dust was the highest selling novel for a debut author in 2009. Her latest, The Missing Pieces of Us, was released earlier this year.
- Indigenous performer, filmmaker and writer Karla Hart, winner of Indigenous Filmmaker of the Year for Magic Quandong (West End Film Festival Brisbane 2015), winner of Best Short Film Factual in the WA Screen Awards, Best Supporting Actress in the WA Performing Arts Awards, and winner of the Deadly Funny Stand Up Comedy Competition in 2015.
- Victorian poet and novelist Lia Hills, author of The Crying Place released by Allen and Unwin in March this year, and young adult novel, The Beginners Guide to Living, which received starred reviews. The Crying Place is set partly in Pitjantjatjara country in the centre of Australia.
- Melbourne author and comedian Ben Pobjie who is best known for his columns in Fairfax newspapers, and his political satire on the ABC and Crikey. He is the author of Error Australis, a comic history of Australia, and upcoming book Aussie Aussie Aussie!
- Danielle Lim, winner of the Singapore Literary Prize for non-fiction in 2016 for her book The Sound of SCH- A Mental Breakdown, a Life Journey.
- Lucas Proudfoot – one of Australia’s most versatile children’s performers, playing guitar, didgeridoo and stomp box to over 150,000 kids each year. He’s also author of the Proud Foots adventure series.
To view the full festival guests list, click here.
For the featured events and events calendar, click here.
Like the Kimberley Writers Festival page on Facebook here.
For more information contact Kununurra Community and School Library
Cr. Coolibah Drive & Mangaloo St. T: (08) 9169 1227
Kununurra Community and School Library Cr. Coolibah Drive & Mangaloo St. T: 08.9169 1227
Kununurra Country Club Resort Coolibah Drive Kununurra T: 08.9168 1024
Picture Gardens, Coolibah Drive, Kununurra Celebrity Tree Park, Victoria Highway, Kununurra
The Kimberley Writers Festival is proudly supported by writingWA with funding provided by the State Government through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, Lotterywest and the Royalties for Regions program.
We are delighted to acknowledge the China Australia Writing Centre for enabling the participation of Danielle Lim in our program.